Monday, July 4, 2011

Save The Date Inspiration



As is the case in marriage compromise becomes a hugefactor in most decisions. Strangely
enough the "Save The Date" came rather easily. Now I
have to admit I don't even understand the value in a "Save
The Date" I simply can't grasp it. My mother in law (nine
weeks from now) will be disappointed in me for this statement
but honesty is my strong suit and keeping some things better
left unsaid .... well.... is not. Sharon (mother in law) has a strange
obsession with invitations from the calligraphy to the stamps. This
is a good thing because I would just post the Wedding date on my
Facebook wall the week before and wonder why I was sick from eating
two tiers of cake by myself. No, I'm learning there is a certain etiquette
when dealing with the stationery world. So I've sat quietly, twiddled my
thumbs and listened to countless discussions involving faux pearl or fuschia
letterhead getting passed back and forth like a Borg/Mcenroe Wimbledon final.
However,with the "Save The Date" I wanted some identity. Getting my identity
in the pre- wedding festivities has been tricky. I wanted Teen Wolf for cocktail hour.
This was shot down before I even started. He has a white tux so attire wouldn't have
been an issue. Jesus wasn't allowed either but that's a whole other ball of wax. It's
tough I get it my ideas might be a bit questionable to some I understand this.
Julia loves the beach. It's the reason were getting married In SB in the first
place so it was no surprise she wanted this reflected in the Save The Date. Every
time she nears an Ocean she lights up An amazing feat she possesses as Julia is
the most effervescent soul I know. She has great memories seaside with the
exception of my surfing mishap. From her trips with her maid of honor Rachel
in Mexico to yacht excursions with her grandmother on the Riviera. She's had
a blessed life. She should blog about it........ HINT. Anyway so a beach motif was
absolute and then it was my turn. I am a Springsteen fan. Most of us from Jersey
are. I used to pass my time in study hall singing the entire Born To Run lp in my
head to kill time. Sadly in hindsight I should of ....... studied. I assure you a degree
in Bruce doesn't help you very well in the job market. Now with this being said I those
love other artists more. Billy Joel for example and he's from New York!! Still as a
songwriter few can romanticize backstreets, young love, and adventure
better than the boss. Until the local cops cherry tops rip this holy night. Are you
kidding me?? Sit and listen to Meeting Across The River. Mercy. Ok so I'm
rambling. Anyway, Born To Run wasn't going to work with beachfront ideas but
Greetings from Asbury Park nailed it. My dear talented friend Elvis Greene went
into photoshop and replicated the album cover to the letter. He even snuck Julia
and I inside one of the letters. He's amazing. Speaking of talented.... Clarence the
Big Man Clemons made his way into our joyous celebration as well. I had the
pleasure of meeting him and he even signed my "Born To Run" lp with the words
Love Lives. They are good words to start your day with. We look forward to
seeing everyone soon. I assure love will be living 9/10/11....... BIG TIME!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment