Sunday, July 17, 2011

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

A few weeks ago Julia and I had the daunting task of subjecting ourselves to a tasting for our upcoming wedding menu. We were instructed to listen and eat while our planners Sharon and Ronnie went to battle on types of salad signature drinks etc.
Surprisingly this was very easy. The staff came to the table and asked me if I wanted a drink. I
flirted with a scotch but quickly steered away and immersed myself in a Stella. Actually more like three.
I can't figure out why it was a tasting menu because we ended up being served four or five entrees. I can't really get into details as not to spoil the fun but lets just say by the 3rd dessert
helping I couldn't move from the table. Among the victories that day was my choice of wedding cake. Again there will be no spoilers here but on a whim I suggested a particularly odd combo. Ronnie said it was one of the best cakes he's ever
eaten. This is a man who does not dispense with c compliments readily so if anything I knew I hit a bulls eye. I'm sure Sharon wasn't thrilled with the fact that we
took the salads with us but the fact is it made for a nice snack later that night.
So three pounds later we made our way to another restaurant for rehearsal dinner entrees. This time margaritas washed everything down and Julia was kind enough to drive back to LA. All and all a very fun filled trip. 7 weeks and counting
people.

No comments:

Post a Comment